Parking is on site across two main areas and is free (currently does not require a permit either)
1. The staff car park closest to the main entrance + multi story
- This always has availability before 0900, after it can become more challenging
- 2 min walk to main entrance which is mostly covered from rain
2. Staff parking at the bottom of the site near the hospice
- This is the backup as there are always spaces, but is poorly lit and down a hill (approx 4 min walk from hospital to your car) so many people do not like parking there if on shifts that finish late due to safety concerns
Notes & systemsMake a change
Paper based notes
No electronic prescribing (apart from renal)
WIFI phones - no bleeps
Food & CanteenMake a change
Subway (currently closed)
WHSmith that sells M&S food
Facilities & Doctors MessMake a change
An active junior doctors mess:
Multiple large sofas provide a 'rest space' overnight
Coffee machine (nespresso)
Boiling water machine
Fridge with ready meals and an 'honesty box' system
The FY1s tend to live in the onsite accommodation, which are separate houses.
Many juniors live in Swansea itself and commute - the Swansea Marina area seems popular.
Due to its proximity to the M4, some live further away in Cardiff/Bridgend and West wales.