- Incredibly friendly team of 5/6 excellent consultants. Foster a real team environment, feel valued as an individual. Interested in helping your career development regardless of whether you are interested in pursuing psychiatry.
- Great group of liaison nurses who cover most A&E work, leaving inpatient work to medical team (some cross cover when use of MHA/more complex assessments required).
- Close liaison with world-class toxicology team.
- Good office space for juniors (4-5 doctors; 3 computers). Good tea & coffee availability & fridge.
- Well run internal teaching programme by one of the consultants.
- Weekend shifts in self-harm assessments are interesting, supported by core trainee, good learning experience.
- OOH work (non-psychiatry) with HAN team can be chaotic/busy/hard to get a hold of senior support.